Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cora Paige

Today I came across the blog of a family that I don't know and have never met. But after reading the tragic story of the last few weeks, it has made me feel so much more aware of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. I realized today that I have been taking for granted my sweet little boy and as soon as I get home tonight I am going to give him the biggest bear hug imaginable. I am going to smother him with kisses and smell his sweet baby smell, thankful that I am able to do that on this night. I cried tears for this family who I have never met... I hurt so badly for them.

If you'd like to know more about the story I am referring to, you can visit the McClenahan's blog here. They recently lost their baby girl Cora and have since started a fundraiser for a playground in her name that you can find out more about at http://www.corapaige.com/.

3 comments:

S and L said...

OMG...how sad!! Today I left work early madder than HELL at my youngest daughter because of something she failed to do to help me out and it left me in a mess! Now that I read this I guess it truly wasn't that big of a deal. I have her in my life and so thankful for that. Things like this make you stop short and think/realize how short and precious life on earth really is. Thanks MCF for finding this and helping me put things in perspective.

Unknown said...

Hey sista...definately a heart wrencher....and oh how it makes you sigh with relief that you can snuggle your lil one and yet a dark reminder that no one is spared that possibility of loss.

Ashley said...

Thank you for posting this!! I cried and read through their whole blog from her birth to death. I am weaning my baby this weekend and it makes my heart ache even worse, especially when he is wanting me to nurse him and I can't, I just want to hold him and never let him go. Thank you again, I think I really needed to read about this darling little girl.